2016年5月21日星期六

When I was a small child

   There are so many kinds of poem,but there was only one topic that I interested in. About mom. This poem called <When I was a small child>. When I told Ms.Gunrino I want to choose this, she said this doesn't has so much fun. I thought she was right, this poem was boring compare with others. This time I just want to keep my choice because I have confident to memorize this. Be honest, this was not a short poem, lucky Daniel found a easy way. There are many sentences that reflects my own life, when I first time read it, I felt “wow we have same experience.” This poem might be written when author was an old age, so author wrote this for expressing he misses his mom so much. This is true, the time we can hide under mom’s embrace is the happiest time.
   Two stanza build this poem, and each sentence has end rhyme, so it can actually fits any background music. And when I read aloud with expression,it sounds like singing. And two stanza use same form that both start with “When I was a small child.” This form is helpful for me to memorize.
  At the beginning of the first stanza, author told the scene that everybody in their babyhood experienced. When a baby got hurt and he is crying, mom gentley consoles baby. I remember when I was a child my mom brought me toys for stop me crying. And here author wrote “giggle me” it is a none, but in poem it can be used as a verb which I think it means tickle. This is possible mom wants to make baby laugh. After that as baby growing, they will know life is full of traps, it is necessary to “find your way” thus to achieve the goal. Meanwhile mom plays a role as guide. “Life has difficult decisions and you were my guide. You tought me how to decide. You told me that the bad should be denied.” This is happened in childhood, mom helps children to build feeling of judge which is right which is wrong.
  The second stanza is expressing the love to mom. In the first two sentences, it describes when children are growing, they will do certain things wrong,and mom carefully helps children to fix the mistakes. Author repeated two times that he has so many things to tell mom and it all about love. “there‘s a lot of thing I’ve wanted to tell you.” and “but one thing that I want to know is that” These two sentences shows children have so many things to tell mom because they know mom is the best person who takes care of them. However the part that children want to tell mom is not long sentence. It is just a simple I LOVE YOU. They might feel no matter how many fancy words cannot describe their indebted heart.
    Mom dry your eye when you cry, mom hold up you when you fell. Under mom’s protection,nothing can hurts you. This poem actually moved me, I recalled the days I spent with my mom. I love this poem because it did not using fancy words,but just these simple words built a warm poem.
     

没有评论:

发表评论