2016年1月18日星期一

Chapters 5&6



       Lorenzo has a stepsister named Olivia, who was very beautiful in the past. As the book saying“Instead she was incredibly beautiful, one of those girls…...your face burns red.” In my opinion, their relationships are not good. There are two evidences shows why they are not quite close.First they just met several times, they are not like other brothers and sisters that stay together at home the whole time. They were not able to stay together because lorenzo’s mom does not like Olivia’s mom who related to dad. Second evidence is at first Lorenzo does not want to let Olivia live in this cellar.
      I try to imagine if I had a close sister, I would immediately open the door for her. However not like Lorenzo that has to think about it for a while. There are also some other reasons why Lorenzo does not want her sister lives in. Foods are not enough for two people and space is not enough as well. Lorenzo is a chary boy that he has to think about many sides of one thing to make sure there is nothing make him in trouble. Because of his clever mind, he agrees her sister can get in. Her sister tries to “threaten” Lorenzo.
( Lorenzo is afraid that his mom is going to know he avoids skiing in the cellar.) Except this, Lorenzo also wants get help from Olivia who can pretend to be Alessia’s mom and call to Lorenzo’s mom to prove there is nothing wrong about Lorenzo. However that happens later because Lorenzo does not know his mom calls Alessia’s mom. In order to keep this huge lie alive, Lorenzo follows what Olivia orders. “ Olivia says to Lorenzo: ‘Repeat, I swear on my parent’s lives that I will be Olivia Cuni’s slave.’”
      In fact he does not really wants her sister in, they just kind of making a contract that benefit each other. Her sister promises she is not going to tell his mom and only stay for one night, then Olivia is able to find a place to sleep. I think Lorenzo feels sorry about Olivia is when he see Olivia’s shoes is dirty. Also Olivia is too weak and shows like long time no eating foods. “She was so thin,all bones, with long narrow feet, a thin neck like a greyhound and wide shoulders, and her arms…” Lorenzo finds shadow of himself from Olivia that their father does not take care of them well. There are sentences in book wrote like this” I am writing to thank you for the money. Each time you get me out of trouble using your wealth I ask myself: if money didn’t exist in this world, how would my father help me?” He realizes Olivia is like himself’s situation that not often get love from dad but always money. He clearly empathizes her, so he wants give Olivia some warmness except wealth. Although Lorenzo is odd,but Lorenzo thinks her sister lives badly. So he just agrees Olivia can live here.

没有评论:

发表评论