2015年12月14日星期一

                                             Visiting to the Writing Center

    Be honest, I never went to Writing Center. Any writing homework in last year are pretty easy, so I was able to handle them. Maybe there are some grammar mistakes in my essays, but I didn't have any big problems. So I didn't go there in last year. However this year I heard many my friends said going there is useful because teachers there can give some good advises.
    On thursday I went to Wirting Center which located in the Humanity, and the teacher said it was a good diary in general. She helped me go through the diary and fixed some very visible grammar mistakes. For example tense and Set collocation. I need sometime to memorize these things. I think this is really helpful for international students, it will make my diary more native. In fact we just picked some days of my diary to check. There are some errors that should using she or her but I use he or him. At first when I was writing this, I set myself as a boy character. Then I realized it is a girl school. Besides these stuffs,teacher found that I did not write many things that connect with the book, so she worried about how can people believe I really read this book. She asked me to add more activities that I do with Sookan. And I thought about it, I made sure there are some activites I can put myself in. For example, working with Sookan in dinning hall, going to Marci’s house during Thanksgiving, having the students leaders meeting, and also Spring Fling. It is actually hard to set me and Sookan meet, because there is no many chances. In my opinion Sookan just spend too much time on Marci. A good example is they stayed together in the whole Thanksgiving Break, it is impossible for me to suddenly join in them. It is just too strange. However teacher told me I can create something I do with Sookan that is not written in book. It is important to be creative, so I will add we go to get letters from us parents at the same time, and we have a conversation.
   I think I learnt somethings during visiting Writing Center. This teacher was so nice, she explained everything clear to me. She had patience to hear what ideas I have and she gave an advice on my ideas too. I also admired teacher working in there has a “eagle eyes” which can find errors easily and correctly. This time I did not visit that long,but I used time wisely. I will come to Writing Center next time when I have a blog to write for sure.
 
 

没有评论:

发表评论