2015年11月17日星期二

A small, black velvet purse hung on the shoulder of the mannequin. (Mannequin: n, life-since model of a person which is used to display clothes)

To save money, I had purchased second-hand textbooks from upperclassmen at a fraction of the original price, (Second-hand: adj, something that is used before )

Many of our classmates were there, with drinks in hand, talking animatedly. (Animatedly: adj, living active)

Flustered, I faltered, then hurriedly responded, "Yes, well, I had a good time, too. Good night." (Faltered: v, the act of pausing uncertainly)

She would acknowledge that I had done something impulsive, but would say that it was okay. (Impulsive: adj, proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus)

I had always felt constrained there. (Constrained: adj, feel you're been limited or forced to do something)

A Gregorian chant program is scheduled for June, and students will be coming from around the world. (Gregorian chant: n, a liturgical chant of the Roman Catholic Church)

I reached to unclasp the pearl necklace, when suddenly, the strand broke, and all the pearls scattered across the floor. (Pearl: n, a hard, round object which is shiny and creamy white in color and they are usually expensive.)

I just want to elope and get our lives started now! (Elope: v, go away secretly together to get marked)
I would write to each of my taciturn brothers, even though they had never written to me. (Taciturn: adj, not speak very much)

I sat, buried my face in my hands, and sobbed. (Sobbed: v, cry in a noisy way, breathing in short breaths)

In a silk pouch that Mother had made was her thin, white gold wedding band. (Pouch: n, a flexible container)

As I stared forward listlessly, (Listlessly: adj, no energy or enthusiasm)

I was comforted by their high-pitched hymns reverberating in the domed chapel. (Hymn: n, a religious song that Christians sing in church)

She had fainted, and they found out it was a cerebral hemorrhage. (Fainted: v, pass out from weakness)

没有评论:

发表评论