2015年10月14日星期三

 YuPing Zong
Period G
Ms. Gu    arino
10/13/2015

                                             My reading experience

       I love reading since I was a child. I have curiosity to read things especially when I am free, whether newspaper, novels or magazine. My mom told me I inherited this from my grandmother, and I found my grandmother really like seizing the book when she has nothing to do. And another reason I think I love reading is because the affection in my childhood. When I was very young, I was not able to read. There were many words I didn't understand but I still wanted to know what happen in the story, so that time my mom always read and explained for me. I really enjoyed that time and I think it helped me building the habit of reading.This is my first step of reading. The next step is reading comic books, dialogue with pictures could help me understand more about the plot,and also when I find some words which I don't know the definition it is a good way to see the pictures and match with the words. Then you might understand also collect the words. It was the process of reciting the words. Day by day, I had the ability to read by my own, so I turned to read some real fiction. For example, Anne Of Green Gables. When I first read this, I thought this is not interesting but reading this makes me sleepy. Then my mom told me I have to focus on how author describe a thing using analogy,parallelism or exaggerate? After my mom told me about this, I found the interest of reading. I remember one thing that my mom once asked me. “ a same story, do you like watching film better or reading a book?”. The answer I gave to my mom is watching film. However she did not think so, she told me that people are able to imagine more when people are reading, but the film has already give you the settings. There is a great example which I read before called Harry Potter. I remember in one scene Harry Potter rode a besom, but the film showed totally different with what I imagined.
     Writing for me is a tool to record the memory, so writing specific is the major point. I have to record people’s movement and mood, and also record some basic information that can help me remember something after so many years when I read this. For writing specific, I learnt to using parallelism to make my passage more active, I learnt to using analogy to make my passage more interesting and I learnt to using exaggeration to make my reader knows how it is serious. Now writing English stuffs is hard for me and I think I have lots of work to do. However I loved writing, I feel this is one of my hobby.
 

没有评论:

发表评论